Departure procedures - study abroad

Information on departure procedures for SGH students going abroad for exchange programs and didactic programs

SGH Students (of all study levels), travelling abroad to study as part of exchange programs (Erasmus +, PIM, bilateral agreements), didactic programs (CEMS, double diploma programs, Polish-German Academic Forum) or on an individual basis (Freemover, summer schools) are obliged to comply with the “Regulations for student and doctoral mobilities” (Rector’s Order No. 51 [Annex 1] of 11.10.2017).

The documents included in the following sections are binding for all students going abroad to complete their study period and are determined by the Rector’s order:

Mobility procedures – Undergraduate Studies

Outgoing student mobilities are regulated by RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENT AND DOCTORAL STUDENT MOBILITY annexed to the Rector’s Order no.51 of October 11, 2017 (to be downloaded here). Every student is obliged to study the mobility regulations as all of them are applicable.



The student submits the following documents accordingly:

  • Departure application via USOSweb system (exchange requests)
  • Student’s commitment via USOSweb system (exchange requests)
  • Learning Agreement via USOSweb system

Language declaration - applies to students who will not complete their language courses before departure:

  1. In line with the agreement between SGH Foreign Language Office and the Bachelor Dean’s Office, students should submit a language declaration (one for each foreign language learned), together with the mobility documents (via USOSweb system, exchange requests)
  2. Students who have already completed their foreign language courses (or plan complete it in the semester preceding the mobility) should mark the following option in the Departure application: “I declare that I have passed the final foreign language examinations” or “I declare that I plan to pass the final foreign language examinations by the end of the semester preceding the mobility period” (as applicable).
  3. Students who plan to complete one of their foreign language before and the other one after departure should follow point 2 for courses taken before departure and point 1 for courses taken after departure.


A complete set of documents should be submitted one month before departure at the latest. Documents may be approved by the Dean for Bachelor Studies only upon thorough review, which requires time to complete the appropriate procedures.


The Dean does not approve enrollment to courses previously completed at SGH, i. e. courses that have the same content.
In doubtful cases, the student may be asked to provide the course syllabus from the foreign host university.

If, for substantive reasons, a student wants to study a course with the same name as the one studied at SGH, but covering more extensive material, the syllabus of this course should be attached.

If it is difficult to select courses from the Bachelor’s studies offer at a foreign/host university, it is possible to take courses within the Master’s studies offer at a foreign/host university. Enrollment for master courses requires consent by the SGH Dean for Bachelor Studies as well as the receiving university.

Semester declaration

Before departure, the student accepts a blank declaration of courses for the semester of departure in the Virtual Dean’s Office. Any courses included in the accepted declaration will be removed declaration at a later date during the semester of departure. There are two exceptions to the afore-mentioned rule:

  • foreign languages – in case of students who request to transfer a grade from the previous semester or take an exam according to the completed language declaration;
  • bachelor seminar – provided that the student obtained the dean’s consent to complete the bachelor seminar during the mobility semester (in accordance with the RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENT AND DOCTORAL STUDENT MOBILITY).

Foreign languages

The student is obliged to inform the lecturer about the participation in the exchange.

More information above, under DOCUMENTS - LANGUAGE DECLARATION

Cancellation of mobility

A student who resigns from the mobility is obliged to inform about it both International Centre, the partner university and Bachelor Dean’s Office (a separate application via USOSweb).

Bachelor seminar

According to the RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENT AND DOCTORAL STUDENT MOBILITY, a student may complete the bachelor seminar at SGH during the mobility semester. This requires a positive opinion of the thesis supervisor and the consent of the Dean (an application to this effect should be submitted via the USOSweb system).

We would like to remind you that the bachelor seminar lasts one semester and, in accordance with the Rules and regulations of studies at SGH Warsaw School of Economics, it may be taken during the 5th or 6th semester of studies.

Completion of the bachelor seminar in the fifth semester of studies means that the thesis must be submitted by the end of this semester, and the defense will be possible only after obtaining the discharge (which also requires settling the student mobility.).


Changes to Learning Agreement/During Learning Agreement

Changes to Learning Agreement - changes to the curriculum (LA) declared before departure should be reported (according to the applicable procedure) within 1 month of the start of the semester at the host university:

  • Bachelor students -fill Changes to LA in USOSweb system.

In the case of block system classes and the associated delay in reporting changes, please inform the International Centre and the Bachelor Dean’s Office (Ms. Katarzyna Smolińska) via email.

After obtaining the Dean’s approval for the submitted changes, the Changes to LA document must also be approved by the receiving university.



We recommend the quickest possible exchange programme settlement (especially in the case of last semester students, as at least 10 days before the Bachelor thesis defence, students’ exchange settlement files and certificate of completion of studies are submitted to the officer in charge of Bachelor defences).

The exchange settlements must be made not later than one month after the end of the semester, according to the SGH academic year schedule.

If the above deadline cannot be met (e. g. because the semester at the host university ends much later), the student must submit an application to the Dean of the Bachelor Studies  for permission to an extension of the exchange settlement deadline, suggesting a new deadline (which should also be properly justified).

Course equivalents

Students who wish to have a course equivalent for a course completed abroad, should fill in a form, in which course equivalents within the SGH course offer should be suggested.

Only courses within the SGH Bachelor studies offer from core and major and major related courses may become equivalents. Equivalents are suggested by students.

Course equivalents must be accepted by the course coordinator (for basic courses) or Head of the programme council of the fields of study (for major and major related courses). It is the student’s responsibility to contact the course coordinator or Head of the programme council of the fields of study in order to obtain an opinion about course equivalents. The documents to be submitted to the course coordinator / Head of the programme council of the fields of study should include the syllabus of the course completed abroad.

A course taken abroad should have an ECTS number equal to or higher than its equivalent at SGH.

The student submits the course equivalents approved by the course coordinator/ Head of the programme council of the fields of study along with the syllabus of the course abroad to the Bachelor Dean’s Office via the USOSweb system no later than on the day of submitting the remaining documents for the trip abroad to International Centre (course equivalents submitted after this deadline will not be accepted).

The final decision regarding acceptance of equvalents rests with the Dean for Bachelor Studies.
If a student has been granted permission to accept a course equivalents as a course taken abroad, the original course is entered into the SGH electronic system with the ECTS number awarded at the foreign institution. In the USOS system, the student is then exempted from completing a substitute for a course taken abroad as part of a foreign exchange.

Extension of the exchange

The student should provide consent for such an extension by the host university. The Dean’s consent is also required to extend the period of study abroad for the next semester (an application with such a request should be submitted through USOSweb).

After obtaining the Dean’s approval on the application, the student will have to prepare an Departure application and a Learning Agreement for the next semester via USOSweb system. Final approval to extend the exchange is conditional upon completion of the previous semester on exchange.

More information on the international Centre’s website.

Failed courses

Students who fail a course/courses during the mobility period are obliged to submit an application to the Bachelor Dean’s Office: REQUEST FOR CONDITIONAL ENROLMENT / REPEATING OF SEMESTER, RECOGNITION OF REPLACEMENTS FOR SUBJECTS FAILED ON EXCHANGE AND SUBSCRIPTION TO SUBJECTS THAT ARE REPLACEMENTS.

The application should be submitted to the Bachelor Dean’s Office at the time the mobility documents are turned in by the International Centre staff member.

SGH replacements for courses failed at a partner university should have a total ECTS number equal to-the total ECTS number assigned to courses actually failed during the mobility period. When such a choice is not possible or difficult, it is possible to choose substitutes with a higher total number of ECTS (the fee in this case, however, is calculated only for the ECTS credits corresponding to the courses failed during the exchange).

Additional information

According to the Study Abroad Regulations, settlement documents are verified, accepted by the Dean for Bachelor Studies and entered into the virtual system (USOS) within 2 weeks of submitting the original Learning Agreement along with Changes to LA, Transcript of records and the Exchange Settlement Form by the International Centre.

Please contact International Centre if you have any questions regarding the transfer of documents.

We would like to remind you to check the billing entered into the USOS system. Possible doubts should be reported urgently to Ms. Katarzyna Smolińska (tel. 564 98 56, e-mail:


Mobility procedures for a. y. 2021/2022

Procedures On Student’s Return

All documents should be delivered to SGH International Center no later than 1 month after the end of stay on exchange (i.e. 1 month from the end date on the Letter of Confirmation or the end date of the first exam session).

Student should deliver all the required documents; after receiving the transcript of records, International Centre will enter the grades on the course approval form.

Settlement Of Study Abroad – Required Documents

  • Course approval form – complete with the personal information, subjects completed during exchange and number of ECTS
  • Learning Agreement signed by all 3 parties: the student, SGH (Dean) and the host university
  • Changes to Learning Agreement  [if applicable] signed by all 3 parties: the student, SGH (Dean) and host university
  • Transcript of records – usually sent by host universities or available for students to download from systems after the end of mobility period
  • Course equivalent proposal form [if aplicable] signed by the academic supervisor; should be submitted directly to the Dean’s Office
  • Letter of Confirmation (Erasmus+ KA103 / PO WER) - the dates in this document should stated the real period of stay. This document should not be signed earlier than 5 days before the final date stated in the Letter of Confirmation
  • Student report – only electronic version (pdf file – 3-5 pages); please do not include any personal data in the report.

All the above-mentioned documents (with the possible exception of Transcript of records, which may be issued a few weeks later) should be sent to the program contact person at International Centre. We expect only digital version of all documents.

  • Erasmus+ on-line survey to be completed at the European Commission platform - you will receive a link to the survey by e-mail. The survey is mandatory for student participating in Erasmus+ program
  • Online Linguistic Support (OLS) – please expect an e-mail with the link to the final test. Test should be taken within 30 days from the date you receive it.
Erasmus+ – documents for beneficiaries

Students selected for mobilities for study within the Erasmus+ program will receive funding specified in the financial agreement signed between the student and SGH Warsaw School of Economics. Financial agreements will be sent to students by e-mail to an account in the SGH domain.

Scholarship rates for study mobilities within the Erasmus+ KA131 2021 project that is currently carried out to universities in program countries:

  • EUR 520: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
  • EUR 520: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Spain, Netherlands, Malta, Germany, Portugal, Italy
  • EUR 450: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Republic of North Macedonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Hungary


Mobilities of persons with fewer opportunities in Erasmus+

In the Erasmus + KA131 program, “individual support” as well as additional funds granted in connection with the difficult financial situation and/or disability of students going to study or internship will be granted from the Erasmus+ program funds.

Co-financing in the form of a flat rate may be granted to:

  • students leaving for studies and/or internships, who have the right to receive a social scholarship confirmed by the university, in accordance with the university regulations; students with disabilities who have a disability certificate, going to study and/or internship;
  • graduates leaving for internships, who have the right to receive a social scholarship confirmed by the university, in accordance with the university regulations; graduates with disabilities who have a disability certificate, who are going to an internship.

A grant in the form of real costs (based on a separate application submitted to the NA) may be awarded to:

  • students with disabilities who have a disability certificate, going to study and / or practice;
  • graduates with disabilities who have a disability certificate, who are going to internships.

The grant is awarded by the university as part of the grant amount available to the university on the basis of a financial agreement for the implementation of activities, signed with the National Agency (NA).

For more information please get in touch with your contact person at SGH International Centre.

OLS – Online Linguistic Support

Online Linguistic Support (OLS) is compulsory for the mobilities of Erasmus+ outgoing students to Program Countries (does not apply to Erasmus+ with partner countries). The OLS catalogue currently includes tests and courses in 24 languages.

Before starting the mobility, each student who goes to study or practice is required to complete an online test in the language in which he/she will study or carry out an internship.

ATTENTION! The link to the test will be sent to the student’s email address in the SGH domain. An account on the OLS platform must be set up at the SGH e-mail address.

Based on the result of the language proficiency test, the university will grant an online course license to selected mobility participants (persons who wish to take part in the course, according to their linguistic needs). The course will be available during the student’s mobility period.

A student who in the pre-departure test scores lower than B2 will automatically receive a license for the online language course.

Before the end of the stay, the student who completed the first language test will receive an e-mail with a link to the second test with a validity period of several days. The test must be completed immediately [please also check your spam folder].

Extension of stay at partner university

The student has the option of extending his/her stay of study at the partner university, provided that certain criteria are met and not in every case:

  • In the case of PIM and bilateral agreements, the student has a maximum of 2 months from the start of classes to report the intention to extend the stay at a partner university, provided that the host university agrees to such an extension without the necessity of losing the place by SGH in the following years (based on the exchange balance).
  • In the case of the ERASMUS+ KA103 program, the extension of mobility depends on the availability of funds - the student cannot complete given mobility partly with a scholarship and partly with zero co-financing. It also depends on whether the student still has enough months to use in his/her mobility capital: within a given level of study, a student may receive a mobility grant (studies and/or internship) for a maximum of 12 months. Students interested in extending their mobility are asked to contact their contact person at International Centre.
  • In the case of Erasmus+ KA107, only mobilities for 1 semester are possible.
  • Students going as Freemovers must obtain the consent of the host university to extend their stay. Students should apply for the extension not later than 2 months from the start of classes at a host university.
  • Another condition is not to extend the stay for the next academic year, i.e. a student going to the Spring term of a given academic year cannot extend his/her stay for the Fall term of the next academic year.

In addition, the student should provide consent for such an extension by the host university with the information that it will not be necessary to lose the place from the next selection. The Dean’s consent is also required to extend the period of study abroad for the next semester (it is best to write an application with such a request). After obtaining the Dean’s consent for the application, the student will have to prepare an exchange request and a Learning Agreement for the next semester. The consent for the extension by SGH will of course be conditional, and the condition is to pass the first semester of the exchange.

Additional information

International Centre

Tadeusz Kasiak
Erasmus+ for studies and placements to Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia and Sweden
room17 (entrance through room 15), build. A
ul. Rakowiecka 24
tel.: +48 22 564 98 44

Marta Tymińska
Erasmus+ for studies and placements to Austria, Bulgaria, Czechia, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, Hungary and UK
room17 (entrance through room 15), build. A
ul. Rakowiecka 24
tel.: +48 22 564 78 23

Nadiya Skyba
PIM and bilateral agreements
room17 (entrance through room 15), build. A
ul. Rakowiecka 24
tel.: +48 22 564 97 60

Galina Wandel
Polish-German Academic Forum
room 16 (entrance through room 15), build. A
ul. Rakowiecka 24
tel.: +48 22 564 93 86