- Competences of the Senate include:
- adoption of the statute and amendments thereto;
- adoption of:
- the rules and regulations of the college,
- the rules and regulations of the studies,
- the rules and regulations of the doctoral school,
- the rules and regulations of the post-graduate studies and other forms of education;
- adoption of the University’s strategy and approval of the statement on implementation thereof;
- adoption of the codes of ethics;
- appointment and recalling of the University Board members, including appointment of the Chairman of the Board;
- determination of the University Board members’ remuneration;
- giving opinion on Rector candidates;
- selection of chairmen and deputy chairmen of scientific boards;
- assessment of the University’s functioning;
- formulating recommendations for the University Board and the Rector in the scope of tasks performed by them;
- giving scientific degrees with a reservation of other provisions of the statute;
- determination of the manner of proceeding in the case of giving a degree of a doctor or a doctor with a habilitation degree in the scope stipulated in the act;
- giving the title of doctor honoris causa;
- indication of studies conducted in a form of a part-time programme;
- determination of the conditions, mode and date of starting and ending recruitment to studies and doctoral schools upon obtaining the opinion of student government or doctoral student government, respectively;
- upon the request of the Senate Curriculum Committee and upon consulting the student government, higher education curricula at particular faculties and forms, levels and profiles of education, as well as the terms and conditions of obtaining a diploma,
- upon consulting the doctoral student government, curricula at doctoral schools,
- post graduate studies curricula;
- specification of studies graduation diploma templates and doctor and doctor with habilitation degree templates
- specification of the manner of confirming learning effects;
- specification of the rules for collecting fees from students and doctoral students, as well as the mode and terms and conditions of exempting – in full or in part - from these fees;
- giving opinions on the criteria and mode of conducting periodical assessment of academic teachers;
- approval of the rules and regulations of:
- the academic business incubator,
- technology transfer centre
- operating in the form of a University-wide unit
- giving opinion on candidates for:
- the director of the academic business incubator,
- the director of the technology transfer centre
- operating in the form of a University-wide unit;
23. giving consent to:
- establishing a special purpose vehicle referred to in Article 149 par. 1 of the Act,
- establishing or joining a limited capital set up in order to perform ventures in the scope of research infrastructure or management thereof;
24. stipulation of rules, criteria and mode of granting scholarships to employees, students and doctoral students from own SGH Warsaw School of Economics’ scholarship fund;
25. determination of general principles for cooperation between the SGH Warsaw School of Economics and national as well as foreign scientific and social institutions and organisations, as well as business organisations and entities;
26. adoption of:
- the rules and regulations of managing copyrights, related rights and industrial property rights, as well as the rules of commercialisation thereof,
- the rules and regulations of using the University’s research infrastructure;
27. indication of candidates to representative institutions of the higher education and science environment;
28. performance of tasks related to:
- assigning levels of the Polish Qualification Framework, hereinafter referred to as “PRK”, to qualifications given upon completing post-graduate studies,
- including in the Integrated Qualification System the qualifications given upon completion of post-graduate studies and other forms of education
- compliance with the Act of 22 December 2015 on the Integrated Qualification System;
29. expressing opinions in all matters of significance for the University community submitted by the Rector, dean of the college, dean of the master’s degree programme, dean of the doctoral school or, at least, one fifth of the Senate members;
30. performance of other tasks stipulated in the act or statute.
Resolutions in matters referred to in subpar. 1 point 11 are adopted by Senate members employed as a professor or a University professor in the presence of at least a statutory half of the number of members.
The student government and the doctoral student government present opinions referred to in subpar. 1, within 14 days. In the case of ineffective lapse of the deadline referred to in the previous sentence, the requirement of consultation is deemed to have been fulfilled.
- Senate committees 2020 - 2024
Senate Curriculum Committee
- Grażyna Wojtkowska-Łodej, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Sylwia Morawska, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Marzena Fryczyńska, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Professor Wojciech Pacho, Ph.D.
- Professor Krystyna Poznańska, Ph.D.
- Professor Sławomir Winch, Ph.D.
- Professor Bartosz Witkowski, Ph.D.
- Professor Agnieszka Alińska, Ph.D.
- Ewa Baranowska-Prokop, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Jakub Brdulak, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Beata Czarnacka-Chrobot, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Tymoteusz Doligalski, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Andżelika Kuźnar, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Małgorzata Lewandowska, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Monika Łada, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Dorota Niedziółka, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Paweł Dec, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Piotr Staszkiewicz, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Emilia Tomczyk, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Paweł Wyrozębski, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Jacek Lewicki, Ph.D.
- Stanisław Macioł, Ph.D.
- Renata Nowicka, Ph.D.
- Marta Ekner
- Wojciech Godlewski
- Łukasz Krzempek
- Adrian Zontek
Senate Science Committee
- Urszula Kurczewska, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Professor Małgorzata Bombol, Ph.D.
- Professor Małgorzata Iwanicz-Drozdowska, Ph.D.
- Michał Brzoza-Brzezina, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Marcin Gospodarowicz, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Małgorzata Poniatowska-Jaksch, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Michał Rubaszek, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Justyna Cholewa, Ph.D.
- Adam Czerniak, Ph.D.
- Adam Hoszman, Ph.D.
- Piotr Zaborek, Ph.D.
- Łukasz Below, M.A.
- Łukasz Krzempek
Senate Statute Committee
- Ryszard Bartkowiak, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Professor Stanisław Kowalczyk, Ph.D.
- Dominik Gajewski, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Robert Kruszewski, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Marcin Liberadzki, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Ewelina Szczech-Pietkiewicz, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Andrzej Zybała, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Joanna Popławska, Ph.D.
- Andrzej Stryjek, Ph.D.
- Bartosz Targański, Ph.D.
- Jarosław Wierzbicki, Ph.D.
- Radosław Sadowski, M.A.
- Marta Ekner
Senate Committee for International Cooperation and Cooperation with Environment
- Lech Kurkliński, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Tomasz Dołęgowski, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Maria Johann, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Iga Magda, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Paweł Smaga, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Grzegorz Szulczewski, Ph.D., SGH Professor
- Anita Abramowska-Kmon, Ph.D.
- Katarzyna Klimczak, Ph.D.
- Łukasz Skrok, Ph.D.
- Joanna Stryjek, Ph.D.
- Żaneta Czyżniewska, M.A.
- Aleksandra Tomczyk, M.A.
- Rafał Klimiuk
al. Niepodległości 162
building G: room 148
phone: 22 564 9243
phone: 22 564 9989