The curriculum at the general academic profile
The curriculum at the Doctoral School is delivered in three fields, in the four programs:
- Economics and Finance with the specialization in Economics,
- Economics and Finance with the specialization in Finance,
- Political and Administration Sciences,
- Management and Quality Sciences.
- The framework curricula of the programs
About the general academic profile
The curriculum at the Doctoral School includes the following courses:
A. Common courses: 78 hours:
- Scientific writing and publishing,
- Researcher’s workshop,
- Workshop on research methodology (adapted to the specifics of the discipline),
- Philosophy of science,
- Ethics in science,
- Scientific seminnar.
B. Major courses (recommended 2 – 4 courses) (120 hours).
C. Minor (suporting) courses (90 hours).
D. Complementary courses to choose from (at least two): (60 hours).
E. Doctoral Seminar (60 hours).
General academic profile – 408 hours in total.
The study in the PhD Doctoral School covers curriculum study and implementation of the Individual Research Plan (mandatory) (IPB) - prepared by the doctoral candidate in consultation with the supervisor(s) and the assistant supervisor, if appointed.
Doctoral School Office
Monday – Friday: 9:00–15:00
building M, room 35
SGH Warsaw School of Economics
phone: + 48 22 564 73 15
phone: +48 22 564 71 15