1. Types of cookie files
Cookie files (so-called “cookies”) constitute IT data, especially text files, which are stored on your end device. Cookies usually contain the name of the Internet website they originate from, the duration of their storage on the end device, and a unique number.
The following types of cookies may be used on our portal:
- Necessary cookies – used for technical purposes, i.a. allowing you to use our portal.
- Functional cookies – used to ensure proper performance of the store in line with your preferences, by i.a. remembering language settings.
- Social media cookies – used to make content available via external social media platforms, and allow accounts on such platforms to be linked with our website and its functionalities. For www.sgh.waw.pl and gazeta.sgh.waw.pl, these cookies are treated as necessary cookies.
- Statistics cookies – used for statistics and analytics, allowing us to measure site traffic and understand how you use the site.
- Marketing cookies – used to allow you to make a profile, display adverts addressed to you and optimise the adverts displayed.
For necessary cookies, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR – legitimate interests pursued by the controller (ensuring proper site performance).
For other cookies, the legal basis for the processing of personal data is point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR – consent to the processing of personal data. You may provide your consent and withdraw it (at any time) in the manner set forth in Section 2.
- Cookie files used on SGH portals
2. Cookie consent and changing preferences
You can consent to statistics and marketing cookies via the selection window that appears on your first visit to the website. The window may appear again if you clear your browser history, causing the removal of data on your decision, or after a certain time elapses from your last visit.
You may change your cookie preferences by clicking the icon in the bottom left corner of the page (displaying advanced settings)
You may also set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings. For more information, please consult your web browser manual.