The Education Program, where the Foundation for the Development of the Education System (FRSE) act as the Program Operator, is one of the programs implemented under the agreements signed on the 20th December 2017 between Poland and the Donor States – Iceland, the Principality of Liechtenstein and the Kingdom of Norway.
- Objective of the Program
The main objective of the Program Education is to reduce economic and social disparities within the European Economic Area (EEA) and to strengthen bilateral relations between Poland and the Donor States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) at all levels of education.
- Donor Program Partners
Iceland: The Icelandic Centre for Research | RANNIS
Liechtenstein: The National Agency for International Education Affairs | AIBA
Norway: The Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education | DIKU
- Program activities
Program implementation implies open calls for all four components and the activities within them, namely:
- Professional Development of staff:
- study visits for persons working in the field of formal and non-formal education;
- intensive training for education staff, organized in Poland and conducted by experts from the Donor States;
- Mobility Projects in Higher Education:
- for students – mobilities and practices;
- for staff members, in the visiting countries – teaching assignments; participation in seminars, training, workshops and conferences; job shadowing;
- Institutional cooperation for the enhancement of quality and relevance of VET and Continuing Education through:
- development or modernization of the educational offer of VET/continuing education establishment, including redesigned curricula;
- exchange of experience, organization of joint initiatives by Polish and DS institutions;
- development or modernization of local/regional/national strategies/policies for VET and continuing education.
- Institutional cooperation for the enhancement of quality and relevance of education at all levels and forms (excluding VET and continuing education) through the activities corresponding to those listed under the 3. component, wherein, for the final point, eligible can be the strategy of the development of the education system.
At the same time activities corresponding with the previously undertaken initiatives will be favourable – implemented both under the Education Program, as well as those financed from other funds.
- Professional Development of staff:
- Program budget
The Education Program has an overall budget of over 23 mln €, where 20 mln € is an EEA Grant contribution and the rest is acquired through domestic funding.
- Bilateral cooperation
The strengthening of bilateral relations between Poland and Donor Countries remains vital to the present financial perspective (2014-2020). This goal will be achieved by, among others, building partnerships with partners from the Donor States. Thus, Program Operator will undertake efforts aimed at establishing partnerships between Polish Beneficiaries and institutions from the Donor States. Moreover, the fund for bilateral relations assigned to the Program will support the implementation of preparatory visits, which should, later on, streamline the preparation of project proposals in partnerships with the Donor States.
- The education program at SGH
SGH participates in the Education program under Component II – Mobility in Higher Education.
The program enables the mobilities of students and staff on a similar basis to Erasmus +, however, they are limited to 3 EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
There are 3 SGH partner universities participating in the project:
- University of Iceland (staff exchange only),
- University of Liechtenstein (student and staff exchange)
- BI Norwegian Business School (student and staff exchange).
The grant amount is EUR 33,715.00.
Project duration: July 1, 2020 – September 30, 2022
tel.: 22 564 98 41