This double degree program is available to full-time master students of SGH and ZHAW within the following study programs at SGH:
- Globalny biznes, finanse i zarządzanie (governance) [in Polish]
- Global Business, Finance and Governance [in English]
as well as – at ZHAW:
- Master of Science in International Business
- ZHAW School of Management and Law
The Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW; German: Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften) located in the city of Winterthur, with facilities in Zurich and Wädenswil, is one of the largest University of Applied Sciences in Switzerland and is part of the Zürcher Fachhochschule.
Currently, the university has eight schools, covering architecture and civil engineering, health, linguistics, life sciences and facility management, applied psychology, social work, engineering and management and law.
The master double degree program is organised with ZHAW School of Management and Law which – in 2015 – obtained AACSB accreditation.
- Program structure
- The intended period of study for the double degree program shall be two years (4 semesters).
- Double degree students will spend their first year at home institution, the second year at host institution. Full information shall be provided to the host institution on the courses that participants have taken at their home institution and vice versa.
- Double degree students shall have access to courses and enjoy the same rights and privileges and be subject to the same rules and regulations as the regular graduate students in the corresponding Master study track of the host institution. They shall be registered as degree students at the host institution only for the parts of the study program that will be carried out under the responsibility of the host institution.
- Students admitted for the double degree program shall complete the study plan of the programme presented in Annexes 1 and 2 to the agreement.
- Any deviations from the study structure as stated in the agreement shall be approved jointly by the partner institutions by mutual written agreement in a form of an annex to the agreement on an individual case-by-case basis.
- Study plan
- Master thesis
- In addition to the mandatory coursework at both institutions, as set forth in the agreement, the double degree student is required to write a Master thesis.
- All students of this double degree programme will write Master thesis at SGH. The Master thesis at SGH is worth 20 ECTS and ZHAW will transfer 12 ECTS to comply with ZHAW diploma regulations. The partner institutions assure the legal and organizational preconditions required for enabling the double degree students to start with the Master thesis in their second study year.
- The Master thesis has to be delivered in 2 copies; 1 to each institution. The Master thesis shall be supervised by the faculty member from SGH and reviewed by a faculty member from ZHAW ensuring in this way joint supervision of the Master thesis. The language of the Master thesis is English.
- Part of the completion of the Master thesis at SGH is a defence of the thesis. Faculty members of both SGH and the ZHAW shall participate in the defence. The defence will be conducted in English.
- The management process of the preparation of the Master thesis should meet all the legal and academic constraints of SGH and the ZHAW.
- Admission criteria
- Candidates for the double degree program will be selected by their home institution according to selection criteria jointly defined and agreed upon by SGH and ZHAW.
- Due to the higher workload compared to the ordinary Master study tracks at the partner institutions, only highly qualified students shall be selected for the double degree program.
- Each institution has the right to admit up to 5 students per year to the double degree program, unless this number is varied by mutual and written attachment to this agreement.
- The interviews with candidates are conducted with the participation of ZHAW participants and include questions covering student’s knowledge in Micro, Macroeconomics and Statistics as well as well as knowledge on current socio-economic topics will be tested
- The double degree candidates must satisfy all admission requirements of the host institution, including:
- language proficiency requirements – all double degree candidates must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English language proficiency Level B2+ (for students of “Global Business, Finance and Governance in English”) or C1 (for students of “Globalny biznes, finance i zarządzanie [governance]”), according to the requirements of the Common European Framework (CEF). Link to certificates recognised by SGH can be found on main website of Double Degree Programmes.
- good knowledge on Bachelor level of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Statistics.
- Each institution reserves the right to require double degree candidates to complete the standard enrolment documents and to provide the results of any required entrance examinations. The host institution has the right to not accept a double degree candidate from the home institution for academic rationales or any other substantial reasons.
- According to the Rules and Regulations of selection for international programs and exchanges at SGH, all students accepted for double diploma programs are not allowed to apply for any other exchange or program that involves mobility abroad in the given academic year. It especially refers to Erasmus, PIM and bilateral exchanges and international programs like CEMS MIM.
- Selection and Application
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERING APPLICATIONS – 16 September 2022
Documents required from the SGH candidates to double degree program include (all documents should be prepared in English):
- A motivation letter addressed to Selection Commission to double degree program between ZHAW School of Management and Law and SGH Warsaw School of Economics (in English, max. 1 page)
- CV of the candidate in the Europass format
- Copy of the BA diploma
- Official course transcript or diploma supplement with grades received (in English)
- Document certifying fluency in English
- First draft of the study program (preferred field of study/study path, list of academic interests, etc.)
Application documents should be delivered to Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel PhD by e-mail or sent by post to:
Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD
Centrum Współpracy Międzynarodowej
Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie
Al. Niepodległości 162
Contacts at SGH Warsaw School of Economics:
- Academic contact: Prof. Ewa Baranowska-Prokop, PhD, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program manager: Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD, email: email@example.com
Contacts at ZHAW:
Prof. Dr. Petra Barthelmess, email: firstname.lastname@example.org