This double degree program is available to full-time students of SGH and PKU within the following study programs at SGH:
- Globalny biznes, finanse i zarządzanie (governance) [in Polish]
- Global Business, Finance and Governance [in English]
- International Economics [in English]
- Zarządzanie [in Polish]
- Management [in English]
as well as – at PKU:
- Program partners
Program Coordinator: Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
The Guanghua School of Management is the business school of Peking University in Beijing, China. Guanghua was ranked #54 in the top 100 Global MBA rankings by the Financial Times for its International MBA program, and #8 for its Master of Finance program in 2012. It has consistently been regarded as one of the top business schools in China, often recognized for faculty research, academic teaching, and admission selectivity. Notable members of the faculty include celebrated economists Li Yining and Zhang Weiying. Some universities represented by recently recruited faculty members are Harvard, Oxford, Yale, University of California, Berkeley, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, Brown, and Purdue. Guanghua won first place as the most Influential MBA of China in a ranking conducted by the World Executive. In the 2009 QS Global 200 Business Schools Report the school was ranked 19th in the Asia Pacific region. In addition to full-time academic programs, the School also runs an EMBA program and MPAcc program, as well as several other non-degree Executive Development Programs.
- Bocconi University [Italy]
- ESSEC Business School [France]
- FGV-Sao Paulo [Brazil]
- SGH Warsaw School of Economics [Poland]
- Queen’s University Smith School of Business [Canada]
- IE Business School [Spain]
- Erasmus University Rotterdam [the Netherlands]
- University of Mannheim [Germany]
- Moscow State University [Russia]
- Keio University [Japan]
- Tel-Aviv University [Israel]
- University of Hong Kong [Hongkong]
- National University of Singapore [Singapore]
- York University Schulich School of Business [Canada]
- ESADE Business School [Spain]
- Program structure
- The standard duration of the Program outlined in this Agreement is four academic years, with each academic year running from the Fall semester to Spring semester.
- Year 1 and Year 2 will be spent at SGH Warsaw School of Economics, and Year 3 + Year 4 will be spent at Guanghua.
- SGH students will write a Bachelor thesis at SGH during Year 3 (while in PKU) and they will defend it at the end of Year 3. After defence they will return to PKU for Year 4.
- In line with the Program’s long-term goal of engaging with the top business schools in countries throughout the world, other institutions will subsequently be added to the network of partner universities.
- Study plans
- Financial structure
- In Year 1 and Year 2 of the Program, students will be considered students of SGH, and SGH should make standard arrangements for them. Students will be responsible for bearing the costs normally required by SGH during this period.
- Guanghua is responsible for the arrangements in China for students in Year 3 and Year 4 of the Program, and students will receive a full scholarship, free accommodation and a stipend covering a portion of their living costs.
- SGH students, during their Year 3 at Guanghua, will continue to be considered as students of SGH and will be responsible for bearing the costs normally required by SGH during this period
- Admission and selection
- English proficiency: TOEFL score 100 or more; IELTS score 6.5 or more – for SGH students studying in Polish-taught degrees.
SELECTION FOR 2022/2023 - 20 May 2022
- Transcript of records
- English proficiency test scores
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 essays:
- 1st: personal statement;
- 2nd: essay: answer one of the following questions (up to 500 words)
- What characteristics do you think are essential to global leadership in today’s world and why?
- In what ways do you anticipate that understanding China will help you accomplish your personal and professional goals?
- One-minute application video (optional)
- According to the Rules and Regulations of selection for international programs and exchanges at SGH, all students accepted for double diploma programs are not allowed to apply for any other exchange or program that involves mobility abroad in the given academic year. It especially refers to Erasmus, PIM and bilateral exchanges and international programs like CEMS MIM.
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERING APPLICATIONS 2023 – to be announced
Application documents should be delivered to Ms. Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel PhD by e-mail or sent by post to:
Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD
Centrum Współpracy Międzynarodowej
Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie
Al. Niepodległości 162
- PKU promo materials
Contacts at SGH Warsaw School of Economics:
- Academic contact: Agnieszka McCaleb PhD, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program manager: Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel PhD, email: email@example.com
Contacts at Peking University, Guanghua School of Management:
- Ms. Tracy Qian, email: firstname.lastname@example.org