This double degree program is available to full-time students of SGH and EDHEC within the following study programs at SGH:
- Globalny biznes, finanse i zarządzanie (Governance)” [in Polish]
- Zarządzanie (Management) [in Polish]
- International Business [in English]
- Global Business, Finance and Governance [in English]
as well as – at EDHEC:
- Global Business & Sustainable Business
- Strategy, Consulting and Digital Transformation
- Management (available only for EDHEC students)
Students will study in Lille campus.
- EDHEC Business School
EDHEC Business School is a leading French business school. As a private Grande école in France, it specializes in business and management studies. EDHEC Business School has 5 campuses: Lille, Nice, Paris, London, and Singapore.
EDHEC Business School offers undergraduate (BBA), graduate (MSc and MiM) and executive education (Global MBA, EMBA, PhD in Finance, as well as a variety of open and customized programs).
It has 8,000 students enrolled in traditional graduate and undergraduate programs, 150 partner universities and a network of more than 40,000 alumni in over 125 countries. EDHEC’s MSc Finance program was ranked #1 worldwide by Financial Times in 2017; making it one of the most prestigious financial study programs globally. Out of 14,000 business schools worldwide, EDHEC is one of just 80 business schools that have the Triple Crown Accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA. EDHEC Business School is consistently rated as one of the top business schools in continental Europe and one of the leading business schools worldwide.
- Program structure
- The intended period of study for the double degree program shall be two years (4 semesters).
- Double degree students from SGH will spend their first year at SGH, the second year at EDHEC.
- Double degree students from EDHEC will spend their first year at EDHEC, the second year at SGH.
- Full information should be provided to the host institution on the courses that participants have taken at their home institution and vice versa.
- Double degree students shall have access to courses and enjoy the same rights and privileges and be subject to the same rules and regulations as the regular graduate students in the corresponding Master study track of the host institution. They shall register at the host institution only for the parts of the study program that will be carried out under the responsibility of the host institution.
- Students admitted for the double degree program shall complete study plan of the program presented in the Annexes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- Any deviations from the study structure as stated in the agreement shall be approved jointly by the partner institutions by mutual written agreement on an individual case-by-case basis.
- Study plans
Plans for SGH students:
Plans for EDHEC students:
- Master thesis
- In addition to the mandatory coursework at both institutions, as set forth in the agreement, the double degree student is required to write a Master thesis. Students will write the master thesis at the host institution. SGH students will prepare Master Project at EDHEC and EDHEC students will prepare their Master Thesis at SGH.
- Once completed, the Master Thesis’ / Project’ credits are listed on the host institution transcript so that the home institution can credit as validated by equivalency.
- The partner institutions assure the legal and organizational preconditions required for enabling the double degree students to start with the Master Thesis / Project in their second study year.
- The Master Thesis / Project shall be supervised and reviewed by the faculty member from the university at which the student writes the thesis. The language of the Master thesis is English.
- Both SGH and EDHEC require an oral defence of the Master Thesis / Project which will be conducted as part of the host institution’s regular procedure.
- The management process of the preparation of the Master Thesis / Project should meet all the legal and academic constraints of the institution at which student writes and defends the Master Thesis / Project.
- According to the Article 76 paragraph 4 of the Polish Law on Higher Education and Science, all Master Theses (written at SGH) must pass through the Unified Anti-plagiarism System. An appropriate procedure will be prepared in a separate document.
- Admission criteria
- Candidates for the double degree program will be selected by their home institution based on their academic excellence and proficiency in English according to selection criteria jointly defined and agreed upon by SGH and EDHEC.
- Each institution has the right to admit up to 6 students per year to the double degree program, unless this number is varied by mutual and written attachment to this agreement.
- The host institution shall be granted access to any written application documents and protocols of selection procedures for the double degree program.
- The double degree candidates must satisfy all admission requirements of the host institution, including language proficiency requirements and good knowledge on Bachelor level of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Statistics.
- All double degree candidates must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English language proficiency Level B2 according to the requirements of the Common European Framework (CEF), or the equivalent level of TOEFL (IBT 72-94), or 815 for TOEIC.
- Each institution reserves the right to require double degree candidates to complete the standard enrolment documents and to provide the results of any required entrance examinations. The host institution has the right to not accept a double degree candidate from the home institution for academic rationales or any other substantial reasons.
- Submitted language certificates have to be at the maximum 2 years old, counting from the start of the first semester of double degree program.
- GMAT with a minimum score of 550 is required. The result is to be uploaded in EDHEC application system in May prior to the exchange.
- According to the Rules and Regulations of selection for international programs and exchanges at SGH, all students accepted for double diploma programs are not allowed to apply for any other exchange or program that involves mobility abroad in the given academic year. It especially refers to Erasmus, PIM and bilateral exchanges and international programs like CEMS MIM.
- Selection and Application
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERING APPLICATIONS – 16 September 2022
Documents required from the SGH candidates to double degree program include (all documents should be prepared in English):
- CV of the Applicant in the Europass format
- Copy of the BA diploma
- Official course transcript or diploma supplement with grades received (in English)
- Document certifying fluency in English
- First draft of the study program (preferred field of study/study path, list of academic interests, electives etc.)
Application documents should be delivered to Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel PhD by e-mail or sent by post to:
Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD
Centrum Współpracy Międzynarodowej
Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie
Al. Niepodległości 162
Contacts at SGH Warsaw School of Economics:
- Academic contact: Marta Pachocka, PhD, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program manager: Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD, email: email@example.com
Contacts at EDHEC Business School:
- Caroline Darrigues, email: firstname.lastname@example.org