This double degree program is available to full-time students of SGH and EUV within the following study programs at SGH:
- Globalny biznes, finanse i zarządzanie (governance) [in Polish]
- Global Business, Finance and Governance [in English]
- Finanse i Rachunkowość [in Polish – Finance and Accounting]
- Zarządzanie [in Polish]
- Management [in English]
as well as – at EUV:
- Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration [in English]
- Bachelor of Science in Internationale Betriebswirtschaftslehre [in German]
- European University Viadrina
European University Viadrina (EUV) contributes to the development of Polish-German relations, exchanges with Central and Eastern Europe and endorsing a joint European identity. Viadrina European University is closely cooperating with several European and non-European universities within the framework of two-folded or multi-folded agreements (enabling the student to obtain two or more diplomas or degrees, following a given country’s legislature).
Since the year 2000, SGH students have studied at EUV through the Erasmus exchange program.
- Program structure
- The intended period of study for the double degree program shall be 3 years (6 semesters).
- Double degree students should spend their first 2 years at the home institution, the third year at the host institution.
- In the case of SGH students, enrolment for the double degree program is only possible upon completion of the 4th semester of study.
- Double degree students shall have access to courses and enjoy the same rights and privileges and be subject to the same rules and regulations as the regular undergraduate students in the corresponding Bachelor study track of the host institution. They shall register at the host institution only for the parts of the study program that will be carried out under the responsibility of the host institution.
- Students admitted for the double degree program shall complete the study plan of the program presented in Annexes 1, 2 and 3 (please see the “Study Plan” section below).
- Any deviations from the study structure as stated in the agreement shall be approved jointly by the partner institutions by mutual written agreement on an individual case-by-case basis.
- Study plan
- Bachelor thesis
- In addition to the mandatory coursework at both institutions, the double degree student is required to write a Bachelor thesis. The Bachelor thesis is worth 12 ECTS at EUV and 10 ECTS at SGH.
- The partner institutions assure the legal and organizational preconditions required for enabling the double degree students to start with the Bachelor thesis in their third study year.
- The Bachelor thesis shall be supervised, reviewed and defended only by faculty members from SGH and according to the SGH rules.
- The student should be present on defence in Warsaw, there is no possibility of defence on distance.
- The final grade for the thesis will be recognized at EUV.
- The language of the Bachelor thesis and the defence is English or Polish.
- The management process of the preparation of the Bachelor thesis should meet all the legal and academic constraints of SGH.
- SGH students who are in the 3rd year at EUV must complete the Bachelor seminar on distance under the supervision of an SGH professor. It is the responsibility of the student to find the supervisor who agrees with it.
- Admission criteria
- Candidates for the double degree program will be selected by their home institution according to selection criteria jointly defined and agreed upon by SGH and EUV.
- Due to the higher workload compared to the ordinary Bachelor study tracks at the partner institutions, only highly qualified students shall be selected for the double degree program.
- Each institution has the right to admit up to 10 students in total per year to the double degree programs on Bachelor and Master Level unless this number is varied by mutual agreement.
- SGH and EUV will give these 10 spots to the best applicants splitting them between the Bachelor and Master students as they wish.
- The host institution shall be granted access to any written application documents and protocols of selection procedures for the double degree program.
- The host institution has the right to send a representative with advisory status to selection interviews of the home institution for the double degree program.
- Joint selection interviews by the home institution and the host institution are encouraged.
- The double degree candidates must satisfy all admission requirements of the host institution, including language proficiency requirements and good knowledge on Bachelor level of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Statistics.
- All SGH double degree candidates must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of:
- English language proficiency Level B2 or
- German B2 for SGH students
according to the requirements of the Common European Framework (CEF).
- Each institution reserves the right to require double degree candidates to complete the standard enrolment documents and to provide the results of any required entrance requirements.
- The host institution has the right to not accept a double degree candidate from the partner institution for academic rationales or any other substantial reasons.
- According to the Rules and Regulations of selection for international programs and exchanges at SGH, all students accepted for double diploma programs are not allowed to apply for any other exchange or program that involves mobility abroad in the given academic year. It especially refers to Erasmus, PIM and bilateral exchanges and international programs like CEMS MIM.
- Selection – 2022
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERING APPLICATIONS – 20 May 2022
Documents required from the SGH candidates to double degree program include (all documents should be prepared in English):
- A motivation letter addressed to Selection Commission to double degree program between European University Viadrina (EUV) and SGH Warsaw School of Economics (in English, max. 1 page)
- CV of the Applicant
- Copy of the secondary school diploma
- Official transcript of records (in English)
- Document certifying fluency in English or German on min. B2 level
- The first draft of the study program (preferred field of study/study path, list of academic interests, electives, etc.)
Application documents should be delivered to Ms. Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel PhD by e-mail or sent by post to:
Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel PhD
Centrum Współpracy Międzynarodowej
Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie
Al. Niepodległości 162
Contacts at SGH Warsaw School of Economics:
- Academic contact: Prof. Marcin Jamroży, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program manager: Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel PhD, email: email@example.com
Contacts at European University Viadrina:
- Torsten GLASE / Aleksandra KLECHA, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Business Administration
Department of International Affairs
European University Viadrina