If you dream of becoming CEMS MIM student and wish to study the programme at SGH Warsaw School of Economics, this section will guide you through the process of application and selection.
APPLICATION PERIOD EXTENDED
14 OCTOBER - 21 NOVEMBER 2022 FOR 2023/2024 CLASS
(The confirmation of FL1 (English proficiency) results you can deliver till end of December - conditional acceptance will apply in this case.)
- How to apply for CEMS MIM programme?
WHO MAY APPLY
CEMS MIM Programme is open exclusively to SGH full-time Master’s students of all programmes and majors. Besides, the candidates for CEMS MIM may not be selected this academic year for Double Degree programmes, exchanges or other programmes involving a term abroad!
ENTRY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Possession of TOEFL (iBT 100+), IELTS Academic (7.0+) CAE (Grade A or B), CPE (Grades A to C and C1 Level Certificate) BEC Higher (Grade A and B), PTE (Academic - minimum score: 68) GCSE A-Level (Singapore). Other certificates and tests are not accepted. The release from this requirement is given only to graduates of study programmes in English at CEMS or EQUIS/AACSB accredited universities or to holders of degrees issued by the university in an English-speaking country.
- If English is your mother tongue: you have to pass at least one SGH language competence test in a foreign language other than English scoring a minimum of 76 points or to submit accepted by CEMS language proficiency certificates at a minimum B2 level in CEF scale, that release a candidate from language tests.
- The submission of complete online applications (both at SGH and CEMS website) and additional documents online.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Average weighted grade or the result of the SGH admission test (except students admitted to SGH as foreigners)
- Score from the proficiency in a second foreign language
- Student activity at SGH (assessed by SGH Student Union)
- Interview, and
- Assessment centre
Detailed rules and regulations and the overview of selection criteria for coming selection are available in next website part “Selection Criteria”.
WHEN TO APPLY
CEMS selection process is organised at all CEMS member schools in the Fall Semester and refers to MIM studies that are pursued in the coming academic year. The list of active selections at CEMS Schools one can check at
The list is organised by country, and all active selections are those with a link “Register” placed in the right column.
At SGH, the selection process is usually announced in June and then reminded in October during a special event called “CEMS Day” organised by CEMS Student Club Warsaw in cooperation with CEMS Office at SGH.
The online application at SGH is usually open for two/three weeks from late October to mid-November. It is crucial, that you register online for CEMS selection both by filling out the CEMS Application at SGH in MS Forms (in SGH Cloud) and on the CEMS selection website.
Candidates who duly fill in both applications are the only eligible students to stand for the pre-selection process!
If you fulfil entry requirements (stipulated in the Selection process rules and regulations) you may be pre-selected for interview and assessment. After successful completion of all selection stages, depending on your score and place in the candidates’ ranking, you may be assigned a university in which you will spend your term abroad. By accepting your assignment (based on your preferences) you become officially CEMS MIM student.
Before you apply, however, please read carefully the rules (to check your eligibility to apply for CEMS) and then apply for CEMS.
- Only full-time students of all majors studying at SGH may apply for CEMS.
- MIM is not a separate major at SGH, so you cannot apply directly to CEMS if you are not SGH student yet.
- Only students fulfilling entry selection criteria may apply for CEMS.
- You have to register online at the CEMS selection website (submitting online the required documents) and by filling out the MS Forms Application to be considered for CEMS MIM
- Selection criteria (CEMS MIM SELECTION RULES AND REGULATIONS AT SGH)
Here you can find detailed rules and regulations and appendices on required language tests, obligatory application documents, and other relevant information that should assist you in the process of application.
Please note, that there might be some changes to the wording of the rules, resulting from changes in the CEMS regulations, or discovered mistakes and unclear statements that may create confusion or misinterpretation of the rules. That is why, please visit this webpage regularly and read the rules and regulations along with all appendices when the online application is open.
COMING SELECTION: 2023 SELECTION (for 2023/2024 A.Y.)
The rules for 2023 selection now are available here.
Be aware, that the entire selection process is now conducted exclusively online. The exception might be the interview and the assessment.
This year – all candidates – will be asked to record a 2-minute self-presentation video that will replace a letter of motivation. All students will be asked to provide a link to a video (in a private mode only) place in the YT or Vimeo. Details will be presented in Appendix 6.DocumentDocumentDocument
that offer commercial courses in foreign languages, that may be recognised as fulfilment of the second language proficiency requirement (minimum workload 4-6 contact hours/week/semester).
Please do not forget to:
- make sure you have the required English proficiency certificate at the required level
- make your chances higher with a certificate of proficiency in the second foreign language
- If you are a non-SGH graduate of BA studies, please collect confirmations of your student activity at your university in order to present it to SGH Student Union, in order to get selection points for student activity!
EVALUATION OF STUDENT ACTIVITY - NON-SGH GRADUATES
Please note that all students who are not graduates of SGH must submit all required documents to the Student Union (Student Projects’ Evaluation Commission) in order to get selection points! Details and links to the evaluation schedule can be found at
The evaluation of projects is conducted twice a year:
- October-November (for projects completed in the dates: 1 April - 30 September)
- April - May (for projects completed in the dates: 1 October - 31 March)
Students who completed studies outside SGH may submit their request for granting student activity points by submitting a Request Form to the Student Projects’ Evaluation Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Head of the Evaluation Team (email@example.com) any time before the beginning of the selection process for CEMS MIM. If your projects are not evaluated by that time, you may ask to evaluate them during the appellations after the 1st Stage of the selection process, provided you will have documents that are proof of your student activity.
Here you can find:
IMPORTANT NOTICES CONCERNING THE RECENT CHANGES IN THE RULES FOR THE 2023/2024 SELECTION
- All language certificates must be submitted online during the application period.
- From the 2021 selection, the minimum threshold for being accepted is 55% of the total possible score (63/115 points).
- From the 2021 selection, the admission limit is 50 students.
- From the 2022 selection, the minimum accepted score for TKEFL (TWGiJO) is 58 points.
- From the 2022 selection, we will accept PTE Academic English Proficiency Test with a minimum score of 68 points.
- Application online
Before you start to apply, please read Rules and regulations with all appendices!
Applicants for the 2023/2024 class are REQUIRED to register BOTH at:
14 October – 21 November 2022
Important notice on MS Forms Application:
The selection process is performed based on your data input in the form, so in case there is a difference between the data of SGH and CEMS systems, we will make the selection solely based on the CEMS system in which you will also upload all required documents (you can’t do that via MS-Forms).
Applications of those candidates who do not register at BOTH website/MS Form will not be firstname.lastname@example.orgAll supporting documents must be uploaded exclusively to the CEMS online application. No paper documents will be collected. Additional docs (like language certificates of those who are awaiting the test result) that arrive after the closure of our systems shall be sent via email to CEMS Office at SGH
Students admitted to SGH as foreigners must upload the final diploma of the last studies they graduated from and a transcript of records (if there is no final grade on the diploma) to calculate their selection points for GPA/Admission.
Do not forget to record and upload (YT or Vimeo) your 2-minute self-presentation providing a link (with a password where necessary) in the online application (more details in Appendix 6 to the rules and regulations).
A list of required documents, rules for filling in online applications, required CV format etc. is published in Appendix 2 to the rules and regulations. Please read it carefully before entering any data. Be aware of saving your pdf file with the CV and the link to your video with a proper name format (as explained in the Appendices)
If you miss the above application, the next one is: October - November 2023 for the 2024/2025 class.
- Additional information
CEMS Academic Director at SGH
Prof. Mirosław Jarosiński, PhD
Grzegorz M. Augustyniak, MA
CEMS Programme Manager at SGH
Location: room 12 (entrance through room 13), Building A
Rakowiecka Street 24
Phone: 22 564 92 48
Office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 11.00-13.00
Aneta Szydłowska, MA
CEMS Corporate Relations Manager at SGH
Location: room 7, Building A
Rakowiecka Street 24
Phone: 22 564 92 13
Office hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 11.00-13.00