This double degree program is available to full-time master students of SGH and VSE within:
- International Business at SGH and
- International Business – Central European Business Realities at VSE.
- Prague University of Economics and Business
Prague University of Economics and Business (VSE) was established in 1919. It is a leading economics and business-oriented public university located in Prague, Czech Republic. VSE is the largest and most selective university in the field of economics, business and information technologies in the Czech Republic with almost 20,000 students in its bachelor, masters and doctoral programmes, and a top business school in Central Europe.
VSE is a long-standing partner of SGH Warsaw School of Econonomics within Erasmus programme. It is also, as well as SGH, a member of the CEMS (The Global Alliance in Management Education) and Partnership in International Management (PIM) networks.
- Program structure
- The intended period of study for the MDDP is two years (4 semesters).
- The double degree graduation requires that participating students study one academic year (two semesters) at each institution in order to complete part of the curriculum according to the study plan in Annex I and II. Student’s performance will be recognized and graded on the basis of Transcript of Records using the grading scales’ conversion tables presented in Annex III.
- The terms and conditions of the agreement applied to participating students:
- Students from VSE will complete at SGH the 3rd and 4th semesters of their second year of Master’s study, to obtain a Master’s Degree of International Business at SGH.
- Students from SGH will complete at VSE the 3rd and 4th semesters of their Master’s study, to obtain a Master’s Degree of International Business – Central European Business Realities at the University of Economics, Prague.
- Study plan
- Master thesis
- In addition to the mandatory coursework at both institutions, as set forth in the agreement, the double degree VSE and SGH student is required to write a Master Thesis at VSE.
- The Master Thesis at VSE is worth 10 ECTS composed of 2 ECTS of Diploma Seminar and 8 ECTS of the Master Thesis itself. The partner institutions assure the legal and organisational pre-conditions required for enabling the double degree students to start with the Master Thesis in their 2nd study year.
- The Master Thesis shall be supervised by supervisor from VSE and reviewed by reviewer from SGH. The language of the Master Thesis is English.
- Admission criteria
- Participating students in the exchange program will be selected by their home University on the general basis of previous academic merits. The students should fulfill the admission requirements of the host University and the respective program.
- The double-degree candidates must satisfy all admission requirements of the host institution, including good knowledge at Bachelor level of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics and language proficiency requirements (native speakers of English, any previous degree accomplished in English or English B2 according to the requirements of the Common European Framework CEF).
- According to the Rules and Regulations of selection for international programs and exchanges at SGH, all students accepted for double diploma programs are not allowed to apply for any other exchange or program that involves mobility abroad in the given academic year. It especially refers to Erasmus, PIM and bilateral exchanges and international programs like CEMS MIM.
- Selection and Application
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERING APPLICATIONS – September 16, 2022
Documents required from the SGH candidates to double degree program include (all documents should be prepared in English):
- Motivation letter addressed to Selection Commission to double degree program between Prague University of Economics and Business and SGH Warsaw School of Economics (in English, max. 1 page)
- Copy of the BA diploma
- Official course transcript (in English)
- Document certifying fluency in English
- First draft of the study program (preferred field of study/study path, list of academic interests, etc.)
Application documents should be delivered to Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD, by e-mail or sent by post to:
Ms Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD
Centrum Współpracy Międzynarodowej
Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie
Al. Niepodległości 162
Contacts at SGH Warsaw School of Economics:
- Academic contact: Prof. Andżelika Kuźnar, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program manager: Agnieszka Kühnl-Kinel, PhD, email: email@example.com
Contacts at Prague University of Economics ans Business:
- Ing. Ivana Krejčí, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Business Program Coordinator
Prague University of Economics ans Business
Nam. W. Churchilla 4130
67 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Phone: + 420 224 098 524; Fax: + 420 224 098 597