We kindly invite students and academic staff to participate in an open lecture entitled: „Recent developments of foreign and security policy of Japan in the context of regional and global challenges” delivered by Dr. Shinichi Kitaoka.
Questions and discussion are welcome after the lecture.
Shinichi Kitaoka – Special Advisor to the President of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). Formerly:
- President of JICA,
- President of the International University of Japan (2012-2015),
- Professor of National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) (2012-),
- Profesor Graduate Schools for Law and Politics, the University of Tokyo (1997-2004, 2006-2012),
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary,
- Deputy Permanent Representative of Japan to the United Nations (2004-2006),
- Professor of College of Law and Politics, Rikkyo University (1985-1997).
Shinichi Kitaoka’s specialty is modern Japanese politics and diplomacy. He obtained his B.A. (1971) and his Ph.D. (1976) both from the University of Tokyo. He is Emeritus Professor of the University of Tokyo and Rikkyo University.
SGH, building G, room 316